The Cyber Security Centre of Excellence has been inaugurated by the Department and is operational from November 2017. Portal has been launched on 16-March-2018. Empowered Committee has been formed. Committee has been focusing on some verticals such as i) Capacity Building & Awareness Generation ii) Cyber Security Assurance iii) Cyber Forensic & Investigation iv) Research & Development and Advisory. Decision has also been taken on floating RFP for selection of vendors from CERT-IN empaneled security audit agencies for remote VA/PT, site security audit services and Preparation of Capacity Building & Awareness generation plan for Government employees. It has undertaken following initiatives:
- First Responder Training (FRT) of Police Personnel for cyber-crime identification and response for WB Police and Kolkata Police commenced in June 2019. 471 police officials have been trained in 13 batches.
- Detailed Responder Training (DRT) of Police Personnel is designed for cyber-crime investigation. This programme is in pipeline.
- On the Job Training (OJT) for Government Employees on cyber-awareness and cyber-hygiene has been initiated. After completion of Training of Trainers (ToT), training of employees had commenced during November 2019 with the UD&MA Department. Till date, training has been provided to 733 Government Employees from 5 different departments.
- Cyber Security Orientation Training (CSOT) is designed for the direct recruit police officers and till now 100+ officers have been trained.
- Security audit of Government ICT Infrastructure has been completed in WBHIDCO and WBEIDC, to be followed in all Departments /Directorates /Corporations/ Boards etc.
- Security audit of all Government web-portals is done under guidance of NCIIPC and CERT-In to identify and plug vulnerabilities.