“To become one of the leading States in India in the IT, ITeS, ICT (Information & Communication Technology) and ESDM (Electronic System Design and Manufacturing) sectors and to enable West Bengal to transform into a knowledge-driven technologically enabled welfare society with extensive use of IT and ITeS, thereby increasing employment opportunities & promoting the state as a preferred investment destination”
- Make West Bengal the hub of emerging technologies and thereby capture opportunities in new age technologies.
- To make Bengal Cyber-Safe.
- To leverage information technology, electronics and allied fields as a means of creating job opportunities, economic development and growth.
- To up skill youths and reskill candidates as a means of empowering them for capitalizing on upcoming technology trends.
- To create an investor-friendly climate in the State for increasing West Bengal's share in production of electronic goods.
- To create and facilitate a robust IT eco-system for enhancing competitiveness and productivity of the key economic sectors affecting the lives of the majority of the population of the State.
- To leverage on the premier educational and research institutions located in West Bengal to emerge as a leading State in the area of IT / ITeS / ICT / ESDM (electronic system design and manufacturing).
- To create an ecosystem for IT / ITeS / ICT / ESDM (electronic system design and manufacturing) entrepreneurs.
- To identify the innovation potential of the residents of the states.
- Promote fresh entrepreneurs.
- To create clusters and hubs on emerging technologies.